Hey all, Dani here.
Today I am here with another book tag. I keep finding more and more of these that I’d like to do, even though I don’t really get officially tagged. Anyway, I saw that Holly from Nut Free Nerd posted this book tag a couple weeks ago and it sounded like a fun and fairly easy one to get through so I figured I would just do it. And I tried my best to just answer with the first thing that popped in my head.
- E-book or Physical book? Physical Book
- Paperback or Hardcover? Hardcover to look at, but Paperback to read
- Online or In-store book shopping? In-Store!!! I love browsing through the stacks.
- Trilogies or Series? Oooh…tough one…I’ll say trilogies, because then there is a definite conclusion and you don’t worry that the story will start to drag just to make more books happen
- Heroes or Villains? Heroes
- A book you want everyone to read? Dreamworld by Rachel E. Kelly. Seriously, it is one of my absolute favorite books
- Recommend an underrated book. For this I have to go with The Queen’s Bastard by C.E. Murphy. If more people had read this and its sequel The Pretender’s Crown, then she would have been able to write more in the series/world. I loved these books
- Last book you finished? I’m writing this up a little early, so I think at the time this posts my last finished book should be either The Dragons of Nova by Elise Kova or Matilda by Roald Dahl
- The last book(s) you bought? My Lady Jane by Brodi Ashton, Cynthia Hand, and Jodi Meadows, and Sparks of Light by Janet B. Taylor. Oh, also, the audiobook of The Punch Escrow by Tal M. Klein and narrated by Matthew Mercer
- Weirdest thing you’ve used as a bookmark? A postcard announcing a possible upcoming appearance for Jury Duty. I like to use them as bookmarks when I get them because then I know I won’t forget the date.
- Used books: yes or no? Yes…if they are in pretty good condition.
- Top Three Favorite Genres Fantasy, Paranormal, and Sci-Fi
- Borrow or Buy? Buy. I dream of having a huge personal library someday.
- Characters or Plot? Characters. If the characters are good then sometimes plot doesn’t matter as much because I want to know more about the people.
- Long or Short books? Absolutely long
- Long or Short chapters? Short chapters
- Name the first three books you think of I seriously had a brain freeze on this one…okay, The Gentleman’s Guide to Vice and Virtue by Mackenzi Lee, Invictus by Ryan Graudin, and The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss…coincidentally all books I need to read.
- Books that make you laugh or books that make you cry? Oooh…books that make me cry
- Our world or Fictional world? Fictional world
- Audiobooks: yes or no? I’m not a huge audiobook person but if I have the time and I like the narrator then absolutely
- Do you ever judge a book by its cover? A little bit. A good cover can make a person pick up the book
- Book to movie or Book to TV adaptations? I guess Book to TV adaptations. They have the option to include a lot more from the source material, whether as part of a 10, 13, or 22 episode season, over a 2-2.5 hour film.
- A movie or TV show you preferred to its book? iZombie for sure. I love the show, but found the first volume of the graphic novel to just be okay…and yes, I did read the graphic novel first
- Series or Standalone? Series
Whew, okay well that is it for this book tag. I don’t know who all has done this tag already so sorry if you have. And if you have done it or do decide to do it, make sure to let me know because I’d love to check out your answers. Anyway, I am tagging Sofii at A Book. A Thought., Flavia at Flavia the Bibliophile, Kristin at Kristin Kraves Books, Nika at Bookster, Katie at Never Not Reading, and Krista and Dawlyn at Little Blind Book Finds. And if I didn’t tag you but you’d like to do this tag anyway, consider yourself Tagged!
Thanks for reading everyone and I’ll be back soon with another bookish post.