Hey all, Dani here.
I’m not going to lie, I was super excited to be nominated for this award/post by Chelsea over at A Very Bookish Girl. I’ve really enjoyed reading her posts and it’s been great chatting with her in the comments sections. I also love that not all of the questions asked are necessarily book related. That just makes it fun. Anyway, let’s just get started with the post.
What is the Sunshine Blogger Award?
The Sunshine Blogger Award is given to those who are creative, positive and inspiring, while spreading sunshine to the blogging community.
How Does it Work?
- Thank the person(s) who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog
- Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo on your post and/or on your blog
Okay, let’s jump into the questions Chelsea gave everyone she tagged.
1. What are you currently reading? As I type this my current read is P.S. I Like You by Kasie West, but by the time this post goes up on the blog, I imagine I’ll be reading another book, probably Tower of Dawn by Sarah J Maas.
2. How do you feel about TBRs? I like TBRs because it gives me a goal to work towards. However, I also know that I can be a mood reader a large percentage of the time, so TBRs are also sometimes quite problematic.
3. Do you stick to a TBR if you make one? I really do try and stick to my TBRs, and some months I mostly succeed, but a lot of the time I’m lucky to complete half of the books I planned to, because some other book just sounded like something I wanted to read at that time.
4. Most Anticipated book of 2018? Hmm…I don’t have a lot of books on my list for 2018 yet. I usually really start focusing on that list in November, but right now I’ll say that I’m really looking forward to The Heart Forger by Rin Chupeco, Obsidio by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff, and Ash Princess by Laura Sebastian.
5. What color book do you own the most of? I won’t be home to look at my bookshelves to verify this until after this post is published, but I do believe black seems to be one of the more popular covers for the books I own.
6. Most read Genre? Fantasy or Paranormal, but probably Fantasy.
7. What Author have you read the most of? Well, if we’re going with book count, it would be K.A. Applegate, as I have read all 63 Animorphs books. However, I also learned several years ago that most of the books were ghost written so…maybe she doesn’t count. Other highly read authors include: C.E. Murphy, Meg Cabot, Richelle Mead, Rachel Caine, Neil Gaiman, Mercedes Lackey, Rick Riordan, and Nicholas Sparks.
8. Do you participate in reading challenges? Absolutely, whenever I can. Though I’ve discovered I’m pretty good at 24 Hour reading challenges, but not so much at week long or month long ones. And I complete my Goodreads Reading Challenge every year since I started.
9. How many books do you read a month? This is a tough one to answer because some months are better than others. I believe in the past couple years my slowest months were 3-5 books, and my better months are typically in the 15-20 book range. My best month for reading was May 2016 when I read 31 books in a month.
10. Top 5 TV shows to binge I haven’t been watching a whole lot of television lately, but some of my favorites to binge include: Warehouse 13, Leverage, Chuck, Gilmore Girls, and Haven.
11. Favorite Disney Princess? Belle has been my favorite since I first saw Beauty and the Beast in theaters, but my mom tells me that at one point I was obsessed with Ariel
And now I get to tag 11 blogs to receive the award. Oh man, there are so many wonderful blogs out there. If I don’t pick you, just know that you are still awesome and if you’d like to answer my questions then consider yourself to be a bonus tag-ee for this.
Krista and Dawlyn at Little Blind Book Finds
Flavia at Flavia the Bibliophile
Jenna at J.K. I’m Exploring!
Kristin at Kristin Kraves Books
Katie at Never Not Reading
Holly at Nut Free Nerd
Sofii at A Book. A Thought
Harini at BooksandReaders
Rachael at rachaelrexds
Kathy at Books & Munches
All right, and now I get to create 11 questions for all you lovely blogs to answer.
- What is your most anticipated release for the remainder of 2017?
- What author have you discovered in 2017 that you want more people to check out?
- If you could only eat one meal for an entire week, what meal would you choose (example: pizza, pasta, tacos, etc)?
- Best movie you’ve seen in 2017? (Doesn’t have to be a new one or one you saw in theaters)
- What is your dream career?
- How do you organize your bookshelves? (You don’t have to include photos, but if you do that is awesome. I love shelfies)
- What is your favorite book that is NOT from your favorite genre?
- Which book-to-movie or book-to-TV-show adaptation is your favorite?
- Favorite non-bookish hobby?
- What is your favorite holiday?
- How big is your TBR pile/list?
Whew…okay, trying to come up with questions that are not exactly like other ones I’ve seen with this post was not easy, and I’m sure I have several that are similar. Anyway, I hope you all enjoy this post, and I look forward to seeing all of your answers. As I said before, if I did not tag you and you would like to answer my questions anyway, then by all means, consider yourself nominated as well.