Hey all, Dani here.
Thanks to a clever blanket tag by Holly at Nut Free Nerd, I was tagged/nominated for this award last month. What’s also nice is that I purposefully chose a lot of tags anyway to help fill up my blog schedule for November so I could spend more brain power on writing. Anyway, Holly is awesome herself so please go check out her blog. She has been posting some fantastic updates about her experience as she studies abroad at Oxford University (can I say that I’m pretty jealous of her for that?) I’m glad she’s been doing all these Holly Goes Abroad posts because it means I get to live vicariously through her blog.
Ahem, well now that I have all that out of the way, let’s move on to this award post. The Awesome Blogger Award is described as: “This is an award for the absolutely wonderful writers all across the blogging world. They have beautiful blogs, are kind and lovely, and always find a way to add happiness and laughter to the lives of their readers. That is what truly defines an awesome blogger.”
- Thank the person who nominated you.
- Include the reason behind the award.
- Include the banner in your post.
- Tag it under #awesomebloggeraward in the Reader.
- Answer the questions your nominator gave you.
- Nominate at least 5 awesome bloggers.
- Give your nominees 10 new questions to answer.
- Let your nominees know that they’ve been nominated.
- What’s at the top of your bucket list?
Well, I know this is a bit generic, but traveling. There are so many places I’d love to visit, and so many sites to explore and foods to try.
- What’s your favorite podcast?
To be honest, I don’t listen to podcasts, at least not right now. But for a while I was listening to Sword & Laser, which is a podcast book club that reads fantasy and science fiction books and discusses other news in the SFF book world. Oh, and I suppose I should mention that they’ve been going through the Critical Role web series and condensing the 3+ hour long episodes into hour long podcast episodes. They have 70 episodes out of the 114 condensed already, so that’s worth a try. Oh, and I have a coworker who has a geek/nerd news podcast called Nerd Overload, and that’s pretty cool too.
- Do you have any pets?
Sadly, I do not. But my brother has a six year old German Shepard named Jager, and my boyfriend has an adorable Pit Bull named Roxie. Oh, and my brother’s ex (who is my mom’s neighbor three doors down) is someone we still think of as part of the family and she has two Australian Shepards named Austin and Kolby.
- What was your favorite game to play when you were a kid?
Make believe? Do you guys consider that to be a game? I spent a lot of time playing make believe and acting out all sorts of adventures, either by myself or with a few friends. Or, if that doesn’t count…I guess Rummy or Parcheesi or Yahtzee or Go Fish.
- What was the last restaurant you went to?
Well I’m writing this post up a few days early, but I did go to Taco Bell after I finished doing my laundry, but it was just a drive thru purchase. If you mean actually going into a restaurant and eating then I guess it was Mi Jalepeno, this Mexican restaurant near where I live.
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live?
Ireland or Italy.
- What’s your favorite musical artist/band?
Hmmm….my favorite band is probably Epica. I listen to their music quite a bit while I’m writing.
- What TV series did you most recently finish?
Well, I’m almost finished with Avatar: The Last Airbender, so I’ll just go ahead and count it for this question. I’ll be starting The Legend of Korra soon. Oh, and I guess The Punisher just dropped on Netflix so I’ll be watching that soon too.
- What book would you recommend to EVERYONE?
There are so many to recommend. Have you looked at my series of recommendation posts? But, if I have to choose one book, that book is Dreamworld by Rachel E Kelly. Yes, technically it is the fifth book in a seven book series, but it is written in a way so that you can be a longtime fan or brand new and you’ll still enjoy it. Plus, once you’ve read it, I’m pretty sure you’ll want to go back and read the rest of the series.
- Do you prefer dark, milk, or white chocolate?
Milk chocolate, followed by white. I only rarely eat dark chocolate.
As it has been basically all November, if you would like to answer the questions then I am nominating YOU for this award. I think all of you following my blog are awesome bloggers as well, so why not share the awesomeness around.
- What is your dream job?
- If you had to live in a book/book series for one year, which would you want to live in?
- What is a book that you absolutely need to read by the end of 2017?
- Here’s a random question: what’s your favorite color?
- Would you rather live in a city or in the country?
- Do you prefer coffee, tea, or cocoa?
- What is your reading goal for 2018?
- Sunrises or sunsets?
- What book do you think everyone should read?
- How are you doing today?
Okay, well that’s all for today. Thanks for stopping by, and I’ll see you tomorrow with another bookish post.