Hey all, Dani here.
Thanks to a clever tag by Holly at Nut Free Nerd, I now have the pleasure of answering some fun questions for all of you today. I actually enjoy posts like this because I feel like they help us get to know each other for more than just our reading and review habits.
- Thank the person(s) who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions they gave you.
- Nominate 11 blogs and let them know they’ve been tagged.
- Give them 11 questions to answer.
Why did you start blogging?
I originally started book blogging back in college–around 2008–and I think I mostly did it because my book review column in the campus newspaper was a once a month thing, provided that there was space to fill in the paper. Obviously I read more than one book a month, so I wanted to do more. That blog failed and I ended up deleting it. I think I had just one follower back then.
With Mousai Books, I had thought about giving blogging another try, and had been writing up plans and ideas for a while. Then back in January 2016 I was on my three days bereavement from work because of my grandma passing away and I really needed something to focus on so I didn’t fall apart. So I took the plunge and wrote up my first blog post on here.
What’s your favorite thing about blogging?
My favorite thing about blogging has to be interacting with the community. It has been such a wonderful experience to talk to all of you and share our love of books and reading together.
What causes you the most pain (bookish related)?
Writing in books, dog earred pages, mismatched covers/formats for a series, when an author is unable to finish writing/publishing a series and I’m forever left wondering what could have happened…you know, just to name a few things.
What are the main reasons you’ll follow a blog?
It’s about books, primarily, though I have a bit of a preference towards people who share somewhat similar reading interests. And I like blogs with a little variety: reviews, tags & awards, discussions, etc.
What type of book covers do you like the most?
Umm…ones that catch my eye? I mean, I guess I like ones that don’t have people on them as much as ones without people, but I like books that give me an idea of what happens in the book.
What’s your favorite genre of books and why?
Fantasy, of course. I like magic and adventure and quests; I always have.
Why did you start reading?
That’s like asking me why I started breathing. Like honestly, I can’t remember a time when I wasn’t reading. My mom told me stories about her reading to me even before I was born. Books have always been a big part of my life.
What would happen if someone walked up to you and tried to fight you?
Depends…why are they trying to fight me? Obviously I would defend myself, and since I took both self-defense and karate classes in college, I feel decently confident in my ability to fight back.
What would your “happy place” include?
Books, D&D stuff, my boyfriend, food.
What would you do if you were stranded on an island?
Am I alone or are there others with me? What kind of supplies do I have? Like, if I found myself on an abandoned island that happened to have a massive library, I’d probably be all right with that.
What makes you bored?
Too much time alone.
My Questions For You
Sorry if some of these questions are a bit random. I decided to have a little fun with this and literally type up the first questions that come to mind.
- If you could co-author a book with any author, who would it be and what kind of story would you write?
- What is your favorite day of the week and why?
- You are going on a D&D style quest and can pick three fictional characters to join your adventuring party. Who do you pick?
- What is your least favorite color?
- What book is at the top of your TBR right now?
- Name 5 authors you think more people should read
- What is your favorite show to watch over and over again?
- What are you currently reading/watching/listening to?
- Which book is/was your favorite read of 2017?
- What is your favorite food?
- What was the last book that made you cry?
If you are reading this, then I tag YOU!