Hey all, Dani here.
I was also lucky enough to be tagged by the wonderful Claire over at Cup of Books for the Sunshine Blogger Award, so thank you so much to Claire for nominating me and giving some pretty great questions. Go over and check out her blog because she is awesome.
Anyway, you guys know the drill on this one, so I’m going to rattle off the rules pretty quickly and then just jump into the questions. Let’s do this.
What is the Sunshine Blogger Award?
The Sunshine Blogger Award is given to those who are creative, positive, and inspiring, while spreading sunshine to the blogging community.
How does it work?
-Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
-Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you.
-Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
-List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog
Claire’s Questions for Me
- What do you love most about blogging?
What I love most about blogging is not only having an outlet for all of my bookish fangirling and thoughts, but also being able to talk about books with so many other awesome readers out there.
- What’s your story behind your blog name?
I have answered this a few times before, and it is totally also available in my About page, but I named Mousai Books after the sorority Signy and I tried to start when we met in college. Mousai means muse, and though we were not successful in forming the group on campus, the bonds of sisterhood were solidified. It just felt right to honor that when coming up with this blog. Plus the muses are about the arts and creativity, and that just seems perfect for a book blog.
- What’s one of your favourite quotes?
“Whatever you think you are, you are more than that.” — Chris Baty, founder of NaNoWriMo
- Which book/series makes you happy?
There are so many possible answers for this one. I guess I’ll go with the Iron Druid Chronicles by Kevin Hearne.
- What distracts you most from reading?
YouTube, blogging, TV, video games, my fiance…oh, and work definitely distracts me from reading, but it’s necessary so I can keep buying books.
- What five things are you grateful for?
My fiance, my mom, books, D&D, and friends.
- Which author would you ask to write your biography?
Umm….Felicia Day would be a good choice for a geeky biography of my life.
- What is your favourite sound?
I love listening to rain fall on a tin roof.
- Which (if any) book series have you DNF’d?
I don’t typically DNF books or series, but I definitely gave up on the Red Queen series about halfway through King’s Cage. And I guess I read Tempest by Julie Cross, but never read more in the series.
- Are there any movie adaptations you prefer more than the book?
The Maze Runner movies. I only read the first book and I had to force my way through it because it just wasn’t holding my interest. But I enjoyed the movies.
- If your life, as it is up to this point, was made into a film what song would be playing during the end credits?
I think the end credit songs would be “Unwritten” by Natasha Bedingfield, and “Shut Up and Raid” by The Library Bards.
In an effort to spread the love around, I’m going to name off some of my other book blogger friends that I don’t think I’ve tagged in a while.
Ashley B at Writer’s Lifestyle
Jenna at Bookmark Your Thoughts
Holly at Dressed to Read
Em at A Pretty Lil Book Blog
Dawlyn and Krista at Little Blind Book Finds
Jenna at J.K. I’m Exploring
Naty at Naty’s Bookshelf
Brittany at Perfectly Tolerable
Now for my questions for all you lovely nominees:
- What book to movie adaptation are you most looking forward to seeing in 2018?
- What is your favorite childhood book/series?
- Do you prefer standalones, duologies, trilogies, or series?
- Is there a genre you’d like to try more of in 2018?
- If you had to pick a favorite literary quote, what would it be?
- Do you DNF books?
- What is your favorite type of food?
- Do you have a favorite season? Why?
- What is your dream job?
- What are you currently reading?
- Are you having a good start to 2018?
Well, that’s all for today. I’ll be back with more posts soon. I’m trying to spend a couple hours doing post prep today so I can have another full week of blogging.