Hey all, Dani here.
It has been a little bit since I’ve done a tag, so thank you to Katie at Never Not Reading for tagging me in this lovely little tag. It’s been a little while since I was tagged, but better late than never, right. And the header for this tag was created by Maddie at Munch Reviews, so feel free to check out the blogs of either of these ladies.
Okay, this is a get-to-know-you type tag, so let’s just jump into it. The rules are pretty much just to answer the questions. Simple.
- How long have you been blogging?I started Mousai Books in January 2016, so it has been almost three years. But I had a couple other blogs about a decade ago that didn’t go so well, so I don’t exactly count them in my total blogging time.
- At what point do you think you’ll stop blogging?
Currently I don’t see me stopping with blogging any time in the near future. But if at some time blogging became more of a chore than something I enjoy doing, I would need to take a break and re-evaluate. But honestly, I so enjoy talking about books and other nerdy hobbies, so I don’t see that happening.
- What is the best thing about blogging?The community is absolutely the best part of doing this. I have made some wonderful bookish friends in the past few years, and I am just so glad to have people I can discuss books and games and all sorts of other topics with. It’s wonderful.
- What is the worst thing? What do you do to make it okay?The pressure. This time last year I literally was posting something each and every day, but with work and life changes, I haven’t been able to maintain that sort of schedule this year. I’ve had to spend quite a bit of time trying to figure out how to adjust my time and my planning and my prep to keep posting, though I wish I could post so much more. I don’t know if there is anything special I do to make that okay, but I do try to reassure myself that pretty much all of us deal with the pressure, and that it’s okay to not post every single day.
- How long does it take you to make/find pictures to use?I don’t spend more than a couple minutes setting up a photo if I’m taking it myself. Otherwise I just grab the cover image of a book from Goodreads and use it for reviews.
- Who is your book crush?Is it sad that I don’t actually have a book crush right now? Honestly since I met my fiance, all the fictional characters just haven’t been able to compare. I realize that is a bit sappy, but it is also true for me.
- What author would you like to have on your blog?Oooh…right now I’d have to go with Emily A Duncan, author of the upcoming debut Wicked Saints. This book will be released in early April 2019, and it currently tops my most anticipated list. Also, Emily Duncan is a fan of some of my favorite metal bands, and she is a librarian from Ohio. So we went to the same grad school, which is really cool. It would be cool to be able to do an author interview with her. Actually, is it okay if I said that I would love to just go hang out with her at a coffee shop and just talk about writing and books and stuff?
- What do you wear when you write blog posts?Umm…whatever I want? It really depends on where I write the posts. But for the most part I suppose I am in lounge pants and a t-shirt. When I’m at home I generally like to be comfy. So I wear pajamas and sit on the couch with my computer on my lap and books stacked all around me. It is a setup that has worked for me over the past year and a half.
- How long does it take you to prepare?This depends on what post I’m working on. For reviews it doesn’t take that long. The only real prepwork is to grab the cover image, the purchase links, and the summary details. After that it is just a matter of typing up my intro and my review. When it comes to book tags, I prep by copying over the questions and linking to the tag creator and/or the person who tagged me. For some tags I can just answer the questions, but for others I may need to go and look around my personal library for a little while. But really, most of my posts only take me about a half-hour or so to write up, which isn’t really that bad.
- How do you feel about the blogging community?I absolutely love the blogging community. Like I mentioned before, it is my favorite part of blogging, and I have made some great online friends because of it. I can also say that this community has introduced me to so many fun tags and readathons and book clubs, and I am so glad for all of it.
- What do you think one should do to create a successful blog?
There are many things that any of us could do to create a successful blog, but I think being passionate about what you are doing is key. That and trying to have an active presence online. My previous blogs were ones where I didn’t exactly comment on other blogs and try to be a part of the community, and so they never really grew or developed at all. With this blog I have started following a bunch of other blogs, and reading and commenting on other posts, and it has greatly helped me.
Wow, okay, so now I’m supposed to tag people so they can do this tag as well. Hmm… I will tag these people, but if any of you would like to do this one, then by all means consider yourself tagged.
- Jenna from Bookmark Your Thoughts
- Sofii from A Book. A Thought.
- Kristin from Kristin Kraves Books
- Kathy from Books & Munches
- Adrienne from Darque Dreamer Reads
That’s all from me today. I’ll be back soon with more bookish content.