Hey all, Dani here.
Woohoo, it is tag time again! Also, Merry Christmas, everyone!
Okay, so I was tagged for this by Jenna at J.K. I’m Exploring, so thanks Jenna. Please go check out her blog because she is an awesome person. This tag was created by Jenn, so you can also go check out her blog. Oh, and I believe I did this tag last year, so check out that post to see what (if anything) has changed since then.
Let’s jump into the rules and then the questions.
- Tag & link the person who tagged you
- Tag and link me/this post (if you would be so kind, I love reading your answers!)
- Tick/cross off the ones you’ve done
- Tag another 10 people!
THE LIST- CHECK IT TWICE
- Received an ARC and not reviewed it
- Naughty – I am guilty of this. Though, to be fair, I am working on it. I do still plan to review them all.
- Have less than 60% feedback rating on Netgalley
- Nice – I am currently sitting at a 66%, which is lower than I would like but at least it isn’t lower than that.
- Rated a book on goodreads and promised a full review was to come on your blog (and never did)
- Nice – See, this answer is definitely the same as last year. I review on Goodreads under my real name, but post reviews on my blog under my pen SO there’s no way I can promise a review for the blog on Goodreads and not follow through, because I don’t make that promise
- Folded down the page of a book
- Nice – Absolutely not! I am a bookmark user. Though, I will say, if it is your book, do what you want.
- Accidentally spilled on a book
- Naughty? – I think I dropped some crumbs from crackers and such on a book. Honestly I can’t recall anything liquid or messy being spilled this year
- DNF a book this year **
- Nice – I don’t think I have DNF’d a book this year
- Bought a book purely because it was pretty with no intention of reading it *
- Nice – Nope. I buy books to read them, not just because they’re pretty
- Read whilst you were meant to be doing something else (like homework) **
- Naughty – Well, of course. I read every chance I get unless someone stops me.
- Skim read a book **
- Nice – I don’t skim read. I may skim re-read though if I just need a quick refresher.
- Completely missed your Goodreads goal **
- Nice – My goal was 100 books, then 120, then 130…and I am currently sitting at almost 140 books, so no, I don’t really miss my Goodreads goal.
- Borrowed a book and not returned it to the library
- Nice – Umm…in the interest of honesty, I think I’ve only been to the library once or twice this year, and I didn’t borrow a single book.
- Broke a book buying ban
- Naughty? – I don’t go on book buying bans because I compulsively buy books, so if I had put myself on a book ban, I would have broken it very quickly.
- Started a review, left it for ages then forgot what the book was about
- Naughty – I have done this WAY TOO OFTEN this year. Seriously, I have a list of something like 30-ish books that I still need to review.
- Wrote in a book you were reading **
- Nice – I do not write in books, unless they are journals or work books.
- Finished a book and not added it to your Goodreads **
- Nice/Naughty – Okay, technically I’m just waiting for the book to be added to Goodreads, which should be pretty darn soon.
- Borrowed a book and not returned it to a friend **
- Nice – Friends borrow books from me, not the other way around. But I’m super picky about who I allow to borrow my books, because I have a lot of signed or special edition copies.
- Dodged someone asking if they can borrow a book
- Naughty – Yeah, I think I just did this a few weeks ago. A relatively new friend wanted to borrow one of my Harry Potter books. But I don’t know how he is with books, and I don’t want to risk that book being damaged/lost/etc.
- Broke the spine of someone else’s book
- Nice – Never! I don’t even break the spines of my own books unless there is no avoiding it.
- Took the jacket off a book to protect it and ended up making it more damaged
- Nice – Nope. I typically keep the dust jacket either on the book, or where the book is supposed to be on my bookshelves. That way I don’t lose or damage them.
- Sat on a book accidentally **
- Nice – I don’t recall accidentally sitting on a book. That sounds uncomfortable.
All right, now technically this is where I’m supposed to tag 10 people. However, today is Christmas, so I don’t know how likely people would be to turn around and do this tag before next year. So, if you would like to do this tag, then you are officially TAGGED! If not, well I guess we’ll just have to see about tagging you sooner next year.