Hey all, Dani here.
Woohoo, I was tagged in an award post. It’s always fun when I get that notification that someone linked to one of my posts, and then I look and see that it is a book tag or a book award. Plus, since I’m trying to get back into doing these regularly, I’ve been hunting for some cool ones to add to my blog schedule.
So thank you so very much to Jenna at Bookmark Your Thoughts for tagging me on this one, and y’all should go check out Jenna’s blog because she is awesome and so is her content.
- Thank the person who nominated you.
- Leave a link to their blog.
- Tell us 7 things about yourself.
- Nominate 15 bloggers/bloggers you’ve discovered recently or follow regularly.
All right, so this is a pretty simple award and it doesn’t involve running around my bookcases trying to find books to fit tag prompts. Honestly the hardest part is going to be either choosing the fun things about me to share or the nomination section. So let’s go ahead and get started.
- Damian and I have lived in our house for two and a half months and we still aren’t all the way unpacked. I still have quite a bit of stuff to move over from my mom’s house…including a few more bookshelves that we were planning to use for all of our board games and D&D books and accessories. And we’ve reached the point where we need another bookcase for our manga, and I definitely need a bookcase for my graphic novels.
- I’m a sucker for rom-com/chick flick movies and shows. I can’t help it. Sometimes I just need a light, fun, feel-good sort of story. Most of the time I have to watch them on weekend mornings when Damian is still asleep, because they aren’t his favorite thing. Then again, I also really enjoy a nice steamy paranormal romance, and those Damian does enjoy.
- Joining the online book community is one of the best decisions I made. I have loved being able to connect with so many people to talk about the books we like, love, or feel meh about. It has been such a wonderful experience to build this blog and figure out my content and schedule. I’ve discovered so very many books because of this community, including some that I consider to be on my all-time favorites list. When I started this blog it was because I needed to talk about books with someone, and also to have an outlet to keep me occupied as I processed my grandma’s death. I have always been passionate about books, and that has only increased because of this blog.
- I want to do more posts on this blog about board games, card games, D&D, dice games, video games, and other geek and nerd topics. Because yes I do love talking about books, but that isn’t the only thing I’m passionate about in my life. Especially D&D over the past couple years. My life wouldn’t be where it is now if it wasn’t for comic conventions, and tabletop games, and Dungeons & Dragons.
- I have so many novel ideas either locked up in my brain or jotted down in various notebooks scattered around the house. But between work, reading, the blog, life, wedding planning, and everything else, I just haven’t felt that drive to write. Even though I really want to get these stories out in the world, I’m struggling to get any words onto the page and that makes me kind of sad. I have a geeky contemporary romance that I think people would really like, and so many really cool fantasy stories with vast worlds that I have spent years thinking about and building up.
- I’m sad that I haven’t found a paying job that allows me to use at least some aspects of my college degrees. Working at a factory that builds clothes dryers is not in any way fulfilling to me, aside from the obvious fact that it pays my bills and allows me to buy books. But it’s hard not to feel as if my soul is dying a little each day of work. I would love to have more of an office or library job.
- I love to cook and bake. I started flirting with Damian by baking him cupcakes, and on our first date I made him a cheesecake. I make a really good Strawberry Cheesecake Cupcake, and Damian loves my Fireball Cupcakes. Since our first date I’ve continued to try more and more dishes. One of my favorite meals to make is steak and potatoes. Oh, and I have a few soup recipes that I really enjoy making too, though I need to get a better stew pot, because my biggest one is near to overflowing every time I whip up some soup.
Now it’s time for the nominations. I went to my WordPress Reader and selected the first 15 book bloggers in my feed. I love the blogs of everyone I follow–even though I wish I could find more time in my life to regularly keep up with everyone. So you should all go send them some love because they all totally deserve it.
- Rebecca at Bookishly Rebecca
- Sofii at A Book. A Thought
- Jenna at Bookmark Your Thoughts
- Ola at Ola Reads Books
- Jill at Jill’s Book Blog
- Holly at Nut Free Nerd
- Evelyn at Evelyn Reads
- Becky at Becky’s Book Blog!
- Luna at Bookish Luna
- Flavia at Flavia the Bibliophile
- Noura at The Perks of Being Noura
- Paige at Just One More Pa(i)ge
- Jenna at J.K. I’m Exploring!
- Kristin at Kristin Kraves Books
- Katie at Never Not Reading
All right, well I do believe that is it for today. I will be back soon with more bookish content.