Hey all, Dani here.
Yep, I decided to join yet another readathon/reading challenge. I’ve almost completed my challenges for both #AGameofBooksathon and DND Readathon, and the NEWTs are in August.
The Reading Rush was formerly called BookTubeaThon, and this year it will take place from July 22-28. You can go to this video for the announcement and this video for the reading challenges. Also, this year they actually have a Web site, so you can check that out as well, sign up, chat in the forums, and get ready to earn badges for your progress.
You can choose to attempt all of the challenges, some of the challenges, or just read books. Like a good number of these readathons it’s pretty much just about hanging out with others in the book community and reading books.
I’m choosing to try for all of the challenges, but more than that, I have decided that for each challenge I must pick a manga for my reading pick. And then I’ll read prose novels for extra bonus points because I can, lol.
- Read a book with purple on the cover: Black Clover Volume 11
- Read a book in the same spot: Akame Ga Kill! Zero Volume 1
- Read a book you meant to read last year: One-Punch Man Volume 5
- Read an author’s first book: Spice & Wolf Volume 1
- Read a book with a non-human character: Delicious in Dungeon Volume 4
- Read a book that has five or more words in the title: That Time I Got Reincarnated As a Slime Volume 2
- Read and watch a book to movie adaptation: Fullmetal Alchemist 3-in-1 Volumes 1-3
So there it is, my planned TBR. I will be completely transparent by saying that Spice & Wolf is the author’s first series, but it was a light novel before it was translated into a manga format. So it is a slight stretching of the prompt, but I’m going to say that it still counts.
What’s fun is that if everything goes well, I should only need about 4 hours to read all of these. I still plan to read other books as well, though. I just didn’t know if I could cover all of the prompts with the books I’m currently in the mood for, so these seven volumes will complete all of the challenges and then all of my mood reading will just be extra readathon fun.
It should be a good time. Oh, and hey, if you’re participating too, let’s be friends. Here’s my member profile.
Is anyone else joining The Reading Rush? If so, what are you planning on reading?
That’s all from me for today, but I’ll be back soon with more bookish content.