Hey all, Dani here.
So today’s post might end up being a bit shorter than the rest of my discussion posts lately. I had to rearrange my blog schedule a little bit to squeeze this post in, but I think it is incredibly worth disrupting my schedule. We’ve had a lot of schedule disruptions here in Ohio the past few days. Schools have extended their Spring Break from 1-week to 3-weeks, and I’ve seen concerts and theater performances and sporting events be canceled left and right. Some libraries have just canceled their programs for the next few weeks while others have completely closed their doors. The convention Damian and I were going to in Kentucky in a couple weeks has been postponed until May.
With all of these postponements and cancellations, there have been a number of book events and book tours and such that have been affected as well.
I want to do something to help.
I know that I am a relatively small blog, compared to a lot. I average 30 views a day. My voice shouting out into the void of the Internet may not do much. But I want to do something.
So, I have set aside my reading challenges for this month and have cleared my blogging calendar for the next couple of months. I was doing Middle Grade March and Monstrous March this month, but seeing as how I’m finishing my fourth MG book today and I’ve already completed an 870 page book this month, I’m going to say that both reading challenges were a success.
I want to help signal boost authors who have books that just came out, as well as the ones with books coming out in the next couple of months.
I went on my NetGalley to see what books I was already approved for and made a list.
- Between Burning Worlds by Jessica Brody & Joanne Rendell (March 24)
- Night of the Dragon by Julie Kagawa (March 31) — I’m on the blog tour for this one
- Bonds of Brass by Emily Skrutskie (April 7)
- You Deserve Each Other by Sarah Hogle (April 7)
- Race the Sands by Sarah Beth Durst (April 21)
- Shorefall by Robert Jackson Bennett (April 21)
- The Ranger of Marzanna by Jon Skovron (April 21)
- Seven Endless Forests by April Genevieve Tucholke (April 28)
- The Life and (Medieval) Times of Kit Sweetly by Jamie Pacton (May 5) — I’m on the street team for this one
- The Kingdom of Liars by Nick Martell (May 5)
- Lobizona by Romina Garber (May 5)
- Stealing Thunder by Alina Boyden (May 12)
I am sincerely hoping to read and review these by or around their release days, to help boost the signal on these releases.
But there are plenty more books that I don’t have early copies of. So, for any authors out there, I am offering up my blog space for you. I can do cover reveals, excerpts, Q&As, blog takeovers, anything you want to do…my blog is here for you. If there’s indie bookstores that have signed copies, or if you have signed bookplates to send out, I can include information and links about that as well.
I’m going to try and read and review as many new and upcoming releases as I can and get reviews up.
My voice on the internet might be a small one, but I will shout out about your books as much as I can. I’m a lover of books and I know this is a difficult time for so many people out there, so I want to do what I can to help.